❤ Welcome! ❤ Here on my blog, you should find "22 Other Ways" to do or say something + my fashion designs worn by my pixel doll (Cloe Bowie). Stay awhile, and come back soon!

Say something in the chat box, anything!

I'd love to hear from you. If you like my blog, tell me! Or, just say "hello" -- let me know you stopped by!
Also, if you have any ideas for a "22 Other Ways" post, let me know -- and I'll try to make it happen!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

DESIGN * Lightly Darkened *

I present my latest week of fashion designs, "Lightly Darkened." Pictures say a thousand words but if you'd like more info on this week's outfits, feel free to click on the purple "Read more >>" button below.

Well, now that you've clicked the purple "Read more >>" button, here's more....




Sunday
, I wanted this week's whole theme to be more dramatic than usual. So, first, I made Cloe a long, black dress with a long cutout in the front. It kind of looks like a mini skirt with, like, a tail that reaches down to her ankles and curls around her sides. Also, the dress is strapless. Over the dress is a white, fitted, button down vest with thin straps. Her heels are black.

Monday, I was bored of the whole dramatic theme and wanted to make something kind of elegant or just more formal. The dress is white up top and kind of dives into black around the waistline. The top carries a thick, black lining up the left side, while the bottom carries a thick, white lining down the right side. With faux feathers shooting out of the ends of both linings, the dress felt complete. Her heels are black.

Tuesday, I wanted to make something basic but still had to keep it sort of dramatic, in order to stay on this week's theme. I made Cloe black arm and leg warmers, with a black choker. After adding her black heels, I then decided to make her a white, fitted, short, tube dress -- to lighten the outfit up a bit. I was worried about how I was going to mix simple with dramatic, but I'm satisfied; I think it turned out pretty alright.

Wednesday, I wanted to make something dark but cute. I made Cloe a white mini skirt with black pockets and a few layers of black ruffles hanging from the sides. The black top carries gray under-bust lining, with gray straps that match. There are a couple gray ruffles on the front sides of the top, to give the top more style and to compliment the ruffles on her skirt. She wears a pair of black heels, with a pair of white socks that are folded downwards.

Thursday, I don't know where I was going with this one. It's, like, a long turtleneck dress -- with a bunch of cutouts. The dress is white and black; it's white and turns black down her legs, and it is a little black around her neck area. There are 3 huge diamond shaped cutouts down her legs, and 1 small diamond shaped cutout at her neck area. The white parts of the dress are fitted, while the black parts are somewhat loose. The dress buttons up from the front and is paired with a pair of black heels. I thought this outfit looked pretty weird at first but, after looking at it so many times, I've grown to kind of like it.

Friday, this one was fun to make! So, first, I made Cloe a pair of black shorts. I then added this, like, black cape over her shorts; it looks like a long skirt, but it's open in the front, revealing her shorts. For the top of the outfit, Cloe is wearing a white tube top with a black tie-up shirt over it. The tie-up shirt has thin straps and short, loose sleeves that hang downwards, revealing much of her shoulders. Her heels are black.

Saturday, I wanted to make something dramatic but not as overdone as the others. I wanted Saturday to just be, like, a cool outfit that you wear to one of your friends' party. I felt jeans were suitable for the look I was going for, and so I made Cloe a pair of white jeans. The jeans have a bow belt and holes at the knees, even a couple rips at the thighs. Cloe's top is a back, long sleeved, semi off-the-shoulders shirt with an under-bust lining and cutouts right beneath the top lining on the sleeves. Again, like in all of the other outfits above, her heels are black.

That's all for now, dolls.
Leave a comment? I love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment